Privacy, Consent and professional boundaries
Sexological Bodywork is not considered as therapy and session are client based. Being transparent regarding my own and the client’s boundaries is however paramount. By stating these boundaries, I intend to create a container of trust such that we can be empowered and comfortable within a session free of doubts or suspicions.
Although all boundaries will be communicated before and during a session, the most important boundaries are as follows:
• I will remain clothed throughout the session
• If there is any touch involved during a session, then it is one direction only.
• I will not engage romantically or sexually with any client whilst there is still an agreed client/professional relationship in place. The start and end to such a relationship will be agreed with the client.
• I will not share the nature of the client/professional relationship, but the client may do so with others if they choose to. Even if I am then asked about the relationship by others, I will not share anything that is not agreed with the client.
• I will confirm all boundaries and consent as much as is possible during a session
Code of Ethics
I adhere to the Code of Conduct as outlined by the Association of Somatic & Integrative Sexologists.
For the sake of transparency and clarity, it’s important to state that:
• All data and personal information shared before, during or after a session will be kept strictly confidential and not shared with anyone. What is said in therapy, or other professional interactions, will not be shared with anyone else, without a signed release of information, or in the rare instances mandated by law and/or court order.
• The confidentiality agreements and secure record keeping according to GDPR (see below) requirements will be strictly adhered to
• If we meet in public, I will not share that anything with others regarding our client/professional relationship. I will take your prompt as to any further discussion on the matter and even then, I will not share anything confidential or what we may be working on.
All clients will be asked to sign a consent form if there is any form of bodywork that involves touch in a session. All touch will however also be confirmed verbally during the session. Any consent agreed, written or verbal, may be withdrawn or re-negotiated by the client at any time.
The following client data will be requested from a client by filling out a form before any session:
- Name, address, sexual identity
- Any relevant medical history
- The reason for booking a session, intentions
- Some personal information regarding sexual history etc.
- Notes may be taken in during the session keeping a record of what happened and other relevant personal information
All data held will be done so with consent from the client. Data will mostly be kept in paper copies of electronically if shared in such a manner. All data is used for a better understanding of the client’s needs during a session, for future sessions and such that a record is held in case of any dispute over work done. Data will not be used for marketing purposes and will not be shared with any third parties unless required to do so under law.
You have the right to request that your data is no longer processed under the Data Protection Act and GDPR requirements.